Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 8


This is the Thankful Tree that our family made last year listing all our blessings.
Today I am thankful for our home.  Thankful for the physical aspects of our home like a full refrigerator, the closets full of clothes, a comfy couch, air conditioning,  a kitchen with running water and a working stove, I could go on and on. 

I am even more thankful for the memories we've created in this home.  The milestone occasions like birthday celebrations, anniversary dinners, mother's day breakfasts in bed, Easter egg hunts, decorating the Christmas tree and first day of school pictures. 

I am thankful for the everyday but just as precious memories that take place in this home. Thankful for the nights that I got up to feed and snuggle my babies in my Grandma's rocking chair.  Thankful for the nightly conversations that we have at the dinner table--the silly conversations full of knock knock jokes and the serious ones like how you get to heaven or how babies are made.  I'm grateful for the bedtime moments where I tuck my little guys into warm beds and get to kiss them goodnight.  I'm thankful for the hours Jon and I get to sit and talk each night after the kids are in bed (usually as we catch up on TV shows, mail and reading).  I'm thankful for the many playdates and low key dinners we've hosted in our home where friendships have blossomed and grown. 

I'm thankful for this home--this home full of love, laughter, clutter, tantrums, tears, forgiveness, and memories.  To quote one of my favorite childhood movies --  There's no place like Home.

1 comment:

  1. Very true! There is no place like Home! Often there is no place I would rather be! (although I enjoy going to your home ;) ).

    ReplyDelete